The Sazerac is a quintessential New Orleans drink, it’s been the city’s unofficial cocktail since the 1800s. This particular recipe was recently celebrated in Australia at Southern Comfort’s ‘Taste of the Big Easy’ Melbourne series in October.
- 60ml Sazerac Rye
- 3 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- 1 bar spoon Demerara syrup
- Lemon twist to garnish
- Spray Herbsaint into chilled double old fashion glass
- Add remaining ingredients to glass and stir (no ice)
- Garnish by mounting the lemon twist on the rim