Patrón has announced the top 18 bartenders that are set to compete in the Patrón Perfectionists Australian Regional Heats this September.
The heats will be held in early September 2017 in Sydney (4th September at Gilt Lounge, QT Sydney), Brisbane (5th September at Elixir Rooftop Bar) and Perth (11th September at Late Night Valentine).
Each bartender will battle it out in front of a panel of distinguished judges that will decide the winning cocktail on appearance, originality, service and most importantly flavour.
The talented 18 bartenders who will be attending the regional finals in September to battle it out for a place in the national finals are:
- David Burrows, Rooftop at QT, VIC – The Sorrento
- Holly Ingram, Molly, ACT – Pollen and Funk
- Andrew Macleod, Pocket Bar, NSW – Bush Margarita (pictured above)
- Andrea Marseglia, Boilermaker House, VIC – The Sunrise
- Harry Saunders, The Lobo Plantation, NSW – Imperial Essence
- Wenyu Wang, NOLA Smokehouse and Bar, NSW – Blossom of Agave
- Alex Archibald, Seamstress, VIC – El Rey Hornet
- Joseph Chisholm, Seymour’s Cocktails and Oysters, QLD – The Humble Bee
- Nathaneal Gonelli, Blackbird, QLD – Seafoam Sgroppino
- Joshua O’Brien, The Bowery, QLD – Shepherd’s Delight
- Giovanni Moschen, Caffé e Cucina, VIC – The Calabaza en Tacha
- Jack Stacey, The Gresham, QLD – La Reina
- Jameson Gregg, Maybe Mae, SA – El Naranja Cactus
- Mitchell Gurrin, The Dominion League, WA – Bees on the Breeze
- Claire McDaid, The Norfolk, WA – Saul Alvarez
- David Robinson, Hot Tamale, NT – The Last Frontier
- Dimitri Rtshiladze, Mechanics Institute, WA – Agrio Aguacate
- Karl Soproni, El Publico, WA – Jalisco Blossom
The regional winners will be announced following the heats in early September 2017. They will then go into the running to win the national finals on the 14th October in Melbourne.
Returning for the second year, the 2017 Patrón Perfectionists competition is a global competition where Patrón Tequila searches through eighteen countries tasting cocktails created by thousands of bartenders displaying their cocktail knowledge and craft using the world’s finest ultra premium tequilas, Patrón.