Patrón Tequila has revealed the six bartenders who will contest the Australian finals of the Patrón Perfectionists cocktail competition.
Having whittled the hundreds of entries down to a top 18, those bartenders competed in regional finals in the hope of progressing to the Australian final, which will take place at Eleven Bridge, at The Rocks in Sydney on Monday, 15 October.
The six ‘Perfectionists’ bartenders will battle it out in front of three judges who will judge the cocktails on their appearance, originality, service and flavour.
Andres Valderrama, Marketing Manager of Patrón Tequila Australia, said: “As an ultra-premium tequila, Patrón is very proud to support bartenders who challenge category standards through their individual craft and excellence. We are really excited to have such a high calibre of finalists after a successful three regional heats events with more than 200 top tier hospitality attendees.”
This year’s six finalists are:
- Ben Vials, Tandem, NSW – Quarantine
- Joseph Chisholm, Brooklyn Standard, QLD – Easy to Appeas
- Tony Huang, The Lui Bar, VIC – Yhi
- Pauric Kennedy, Barangaroo House, NSW – Spring to Mind
- David Robinson, Hot Tamale, NT – Never Never
- Abby Wegener, Hades Hula House, SA – The Muldejewangk
The winner of the Australian Finals will be announced on the night of the event and will head to Mexico for the global finals in January 2019.