Sydneysiders can head to the Swinging Cat Bar on World Vodka Day to sample the Sydney Almost Gibson, a cocktail crafted by Simon Rose-Hopkins.
“This all Australian affair was designed to bring some savoury notes to the classic gin-based Gibson Martini, using Idle Hour Unfiltered Vodka partnered with Regal Rouge Daring Dry Vermouth.
“It amplifies the spiced full-bodied flavours of the vodka, giving a bold taste, much like Sydney. Paired with the quintessential pickled cocktail onion, it is the perfect martini for a hot Sydney summers day or a cold winters night.”
Sydney Almost Gibson
- 60ml Idle Hour Unfiltered Vodka
- 10ml Regal Rogue Daring Dry Vermouth
- Optional: 5ml pickled onion cocktail brine
- Stir all ingredients down over ice
- Pour into a classic, chilled martini glass
- Garnish with classic Australian Rosella pickled cocktail onions