Applejack Hospitality has said it is proudly supporting Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras and Sydney WorldPride 2023 with a series of events across its restaurants and bars.
From live music to long lunches, bottomless bubbles and ‘dinner with the girls’ all of Applejack’s venues will be getting involved and each will be offering a series of six-signature Absolut cocktail specials, with $1 from every cocktail sold to be donated to The Bobby Goldsmith Foundation.
The Butler has ‘Dinner with the Girls’ on Wednesday 22 February.
Applejack said: “This not to be missed dinner hosted by Queen Millenia Al Cox is the perfect way to celebrate WorldPride in Sydney this year. Slip on your heels and douse yourself in glitter, The Butler will take care of the rest.
“For $125pp, enjoy a shared banquet feast crafted by Head Chef Amber Doig as well as a ‘mini-tini’ cocktail on arrival and a stellar show featuring performances from drag darlings Ma danni-x and Victoria Mami.”
Forrester’s Surry Hills is serving up an array of events and talent for the whole Sydney WorldPride festival. Pride Beats will see a revolving line-up of queer talent from Thursday to Sunday, each week of WorldPride. Live from the Keg Drop on Thursdays in the Public Bar from 7pm-9:30pm, Friday Live Music from 9pm, Saturday DJs from 9pm and Sunday Sounds from 4-7pm.
The Forrester’s indoor garden oasis, Phylli’s will be hosting its bottomless lunches every day throughout WorldPride.
“For lunch with a side of sass, book in for one of three WorldPride special edition bottomless lunches hosted by drag royalty Dakota Fann’ee and Dominique Topp,” Applejack said.
“Join the queens for a wild ride and good times on – Saturday 18 February (12-3pm), Saturday 4 March (3-6pm) and Sunday 5 March (12-3pm).”
Last month, Applejack held Dragtails, a competition where they challenged their talented in-house team of mixologists, from each of their venues, to create a unique and delicious cocktail that showcased their inner Drag Queen, starring Absolut Vodka.
Six signature cocktails were selected to fly the flag for Applejack during Sydney WorldPride with $1 of every cocktail sold going to The Bobby Goldsmith Foundation, Australia’s longest-running HIV charity
- SoCal: ‘The Marshtini’ – Absolut Vodka infused with pea flowers & lemon myrtle, elderflower liquor, blackberry syrup, lemon juice, and orange blossom.
- Forrester’s: ‘Go Go Juice’ – Blue Absolut Vodka, lemon juice, apple, parsley, basil, a touch of sugar & a basil leaf garnish.
- The Butler: ‘Miss Peppermint’ – Absolute Vodka, Crème de Menthe, sugar cane syrup & Pampelle.
- The Botanist: ‘Scissoring Sisters’ – Coconut washed Absolut Vodka, Campari, strawberry syrup, lime cordial, pineapple shrub.
- Bopp & Tone: ‘Slap & Tingle’ – Absolute Vodka, bitter orange, cranberry, lemon, sugar & fruit tingle rim.
- RAFI: ‘Love Candy’ – Absolut, Brookies macadamia liqueur, raspberry, and lemon. The drink is carbonated & topped with a layer of white chocolate & milk warm foam.
Applejack will also be hosting WorldPride Opening Ceremony and Mardi Gras viewing parties at Forrester’s on Friday 24 and Saturday 25 February.