As an official liquor partner of Afterpay Australia Fashion Week (AAFW), Disaronno paired with Australian fashion label Romance Was Born, to create a cocktail that celebrates the occasion and the brand.
This cocktail was created by Disaronno’s Brand Ambassador Danilo Migliorini, who worked with Anna Plunkett and Luke Sales, the pair behind Romance Was Born, to capture the essence of aperitivo hour in Italy with a fashion forward twist.
“I created this recipe after having a chat with Anna and Luke. They told me what they love about Italy, starting with countless beautiful historic churches, and the quality of their coffee and chocolate. Sitting out on the streets in a café and soaking it all in. They also like Espresso Martinis so I took the chance to make their own cocktail based on that, but with a twist,” Miglorini said.
A Romance Was Born in Saronno was served at AAFW in Sydney last week in upcycled glassware, in line with how Romance Was Born upcycles materials in its fashion line.
This recipe requires specific tools:
- 1 x Conical filter
- 1 x Coffee filter
- 2 x one litre measuring cups
- 1 x empty one litre bottle
A Romance Was Born in Saronno
- 120ml Disaronno
- 120ml Cold brewed coffee
- 80ml Tia Maria
- 40ml Vodka
- 240ml Milk (dairy free options work well too, except for oat milk)
- 25ml Lemon juice
- 20ml Sugar syrup (1:1 water and sugar)
- In one measuring cup, pour the room temperature milk. In the other measuring cup, combine all the other ingredients
- Slowly pour the combined ingredients into the milk. The mixture will start to curdle, this is perfectly normal.
- Let this mixture rest for about 30 minutes.
- On top of the empty one litre bottle, place the conical filter. On top of the conical filter, place the coffee filter.
- Slowly start pouring the mixture into the filter and wait for it to filter through, this may take some time.
- Once the milk punch is filtered, re-filter it to ensure that all the milk residues are gone.
- Bottle the end result and keep it in the fridge for up to three months.
- To serve, pour 80ml of batch over ice and give a quick stir.