With NSW in lockdown, and metropolitan Melbourne once again in lockdown venues in those areas are in huge need of support.
While many have chosen to close for the duration of the lockdown others have decided to stay open for pick-up and delivery services. The best way to support your local or favourite venue is check their social media or webpages and see if they are offering any services during lockdown. In addition many venues offer gift vouchers, which are a great way to help with some cashflow right now.
Also don’t miss our information on how hospo workers can access the COVID Disaster Payment Fund, which is now available immediately for workers and businesses in Victoria.
Here’s a selection of what some venues are doing and how you can help. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to this list.
NEW SOUTH WALES
- Babylon Bar & Grill – takeaway food, delivery options available
- Burrow Bar/Cash Only Diner – food and drink takeaway and delivery, plus free meals for hospo staff
- Butter (Surry Hills, Parramatta, Chatswood) – takeaway through Butter’s website
- Calabria Panineria – Calabrian schnitzel sandwiches for takeaway in Abercrombie Lane in the CBD
- Continental Deli – takeaway food and drinks
- Corretto Dee Why – open for food and drink takeaway
- Dear Saint Eloise – open for food and drink takeaway
- Door Knock – Takeaway and deliveries, orders 24-hours ahead, 20 per cent off takeaway price for hospitality staff.
- Duke of Clarence – takeaway Sunday roasts
- Dulcie’s Kings Cross – takeaway and delivery drinks
- Earl’s Juke Joint – currently closed, but takeaway orders coming soon
- Esteban – takeaway and delivery set menus and shake-at-home cocktails
- Forest Lodge Hotel – takeaway food and drink specials, lunch and evenings
- Jacoby’s Tiki Bar – takeaway and delivery cocktails
- The Henson – takeaway food and drinks.
- Mary’s (Newtown, Circular Quay) – Takeaway through Deliveroo and as pickup
- Maybe Frank – takeaway food and drinks
- Maybe Sammy – takeaway and delivery cocktails
- Old Mate’s Place – takeaway cocktails
- Oxford Tavern – takeaway and delivery food and drinks
- P&V Wine + Liquor Merchants (Enmore, Paddington) – Takeaway and delivery for all drinks available and at the Paddington venue snacks including charcuterie and cheese packs to go are available
- PS40 – takeaway and delivery drinks
- Re – cocktails, liqueurs and spirits for takeaway and delivery
- Rosie Campbell’s – takeaway food and drinks
- The Taphouse – free meals and drinks for hospo workers
- Tequila Mockingbird – takeaway and delivery food and cocktails
- Tokyo Bird – takeaway food and drinks
Here’s how you can help some of Victoria’s venues:
- Above Board – takeaway cocktails available for pick-up.
- Arbory Afloat – has had to close but the Arbory Afloat x Four Pillars Beach House Gin still available for purchase
- Bad Frankie – gift vouchers available.
- Bar Americano – a range of bottled cocktails available nationwide
- Bar Liberty – gift vouchers available
- Beneath Driver Lane – a range of bottled cocktails available nationwide
- Black Pearl – a range of bottled cocktails and gift vouchers available nationwide
- Byrdi – a range of bottled cocktails and spirits available nationwide
- Ends and Means – canned cocktails available, merch coming soon
- Grosvenor Hotel – offering takeaway food and drinks
- Hospo Threads – sells Merch and lists venues across Australia, including plenty in Melbourne
- Hotel Brighton – open for takeaway lunch, dinner and drinks
- Mejico – meal boxes and Margaritas available with a range of delicious extras
- Mr West – the Footscray bar and bottle shop has beer, wine and cocktails available for delivery nationally.
- Old Palm Liquor – food delivery available locally, wine delivery nationwide, vouchers also available.
- Romeo Lane – packaged cocktails and gift vouchers
- Tan Track Bar – offering coffee, cocktails and food.
- True South Black Rock – open for takeaway lunch, dinner and cocktails.
- The Deck Brighton – open for takeaway coffee, breakfast and lunch.
- The Everleigh Bottling Co – bottled cocktails, gift sets and cocktail glassware.
- The Moon – wine delivery and vouchers available.
- Sandbar Beach Cafe – open for takeaway coffee, breakfast, lunch and cocktails.
- Union Electric – coffee, beer, wine and spritz available from sister venue, Bell St Coffee and Spritz in Fitzroy
- Urban Alley Brewery – National delivery of beer, hard seltzer, merchandise and hand sanitiser. Gift vouchers are also available.
- Whisky and Alement – Drams, spirits, Boilermakers, gift packs and vouchers.