These are the recipes from Brett Nebauer from Onzieme Restaurant in Canberra and Matt Venables of Bar Magda in Auckland that won this year Pisco Aperitivo Competition.
Plus we also have the runner-up recipes from Rachel Mynczywor, Rude Boy in Hobart and PJ Renaud from Parasol & Swing in Auckland.
- 50ml Cacao butter washed Barsol Pisco
- 30ml Cherry wine
- 70ml Fig leaf soda
- Build in a double rocks glass with clear ice
- Garnish with a fig leaf disk
- 60ml Pisco
- 60ml Watermelon juice
- 20ml Lemon juice
- 15ml Pineapple juice
- 15ml Orgeat
- 15ml Spent red wine reduction
- Cherry, pineapple fronds and orange wedge for garnish
- Prepare red wine reduction by taking 500ml oxidised red wine and 250g white sugar and combine over medium-high heat until reduced by half.
- Let the reduction cool
- Add all ingredients to a shaker and shake vigorously.
- Single strain into a tall glass and top with crushed ice
- Garnish with pineapple fronds, orange wedges and cherries.
- 30ml Barsol Pisco
- 30ml Dry sherry
- ½ Barspoon Absinthe
- 15ml Cranberry Oleo Saccharum
- To make the Cranberry Oleo Saccharum, combine 1 cup Cranberries, Peel of 9 Lemons, 400g White sugar in a vacuum pack and leave for 1-2 days.
- Strain and fortify the liquid to the right consistency with 50-100ml of Pisco.
- To build the cocktail, stir all ingredients in a shaker and stir with ice.
- Strain into a Nick and Nora glass
- Garnish with ginger syrup infused cranberries.
- 45ml Barsol Pisco
- 30ml Cola cordial
- 10ml Foamee
- 1tbsp Barolo Chinato
- 4 dashes Branca Mente
- Bitters, lime and cinnamon for garnish
- Add all ingredients into a tin and dry shake until frothy
- Wet shake until cold
- Double strain into a Sazerac glass.
- Add three ice cubes
- Garnish with a line of Angostura bitters, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a lime while.