Ahead of America’s Independence Day, 22 of Australia’s leading bartenders have come together with ‘Cheers! Spirits from the USA’ to create a free cocktail book that features local twists on classic cocktails heroing American spirits.
Featuring the likes of Dan Gregory, Grace Rawlins, Chau Tran and Francesca Camili, the Fourth of July 2022 Cocktail Book contains local spins on the likes of the Old Fashioned, Whiskey Sour and the Lynchburg Lemonade.
The cocktails highlight the quality and versatility of American spirit brands including Angel’s Envy, Jack Daniels, Koval, Maker’s Mark, Old Forester, Wild Turkey, Westland, Westward American Single Malt Whiskey and Woodford Reserve.
Charles McEntee from the Distilled Spirits Council of the U.S (DISCUS), which sponsors the ‘Cheers! Spirits from the USA’ campaign in Australia said: “Australia is known for having some of the most knowledgeable and innovative bartenders, so we’re looking forward to seeing how they highlight American distilled spirits in a way Australians will truly love.
“It’s not often world-class bartenders partner to create cocktail books that are free, so we hope adults across Australia get to enjoy it.”
While the recipes have been designed to be made and enjoyed at home, you can also visit the venues below between June 27 and July 4 to enjoy them crafted by their creator.
- Simon Hopkins (Jolene’s Sydney – NSW) puts a chocolate spin on the classic Old Fashioned using Westward Whiskey.
- Dan Gregory (The Gresham Bar – QLD) is showcasing a Woodford Reserve Goin’ Out West.
- Adam Lau (Grain Bar – NSW) develops the DJ Sutherland celebrating Westland American Oak Whiskey.
- Grace Rawlins (Memphis Slim’s House of Blues – SA) is using Westland Peated Whiskey in the innovative Spicy Peat cocktail.
- Chris Garner (The Barrie – NSW) is highlighting Wild Turkey Bourbon in Mate of Mine.
- Ana Mitchell (The 18th Amendment Bar – VIC) is creating the Noble Forester heroing Old Forester Bourbon.
- Jack Patchett (Black Bottle Bar – NSW) has put a spin on the classic whiskey sour, which a KOVAL Cranberry Sour.
- Brendon Hill (Duck Duck Goose and Gellafrenda – NSW) is showcasing Wild Turkey in his Best of the West serve.
- Elisa Rodrigues (Paloma Wine Bar – QLD) is reinventing the classic cocktail with a Coconut Old Fashioned using Old Forester Bourbon.
- Zach Mynott (La Costa – QLD) creates a modern Russel’s Reserve 10 highball.
- Scott Allan (Nola Bar and Smokehouse – NSW) is creating a Reservoir Rye Manhattan.
- Talis Heggart (Memphis Slim’s House of Blues – SA) has localised the Lynchburg Lemonade with a Jack Daniel’s Lynchburg Lowdown.
- Francesca Camili (Beneath Driver Lane – VIC) is heroeing Wild Turkey Rye in a Sweet Valentine.
- Paudric Kennedy (Barangaroo House – NSW) is using Makers Mark in his unique Wax Lyrical cocktail.
- Ben Walsh (Jolene’s Sydney – NSW) puts a banana spin on the Old Fashioned with Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey.
- Corby Small (The Gresham Bar – QLD) is creating a spin on the Brandy Alexander showcasing Angel’s Envy.
- Nat Yao (Bar Margaux – VIC) celebrates Angel’s Envy in an Australian way with her adaption of a classic.
- Chau Tran (Burrow Bar – NSW) is creating a drinkable sticky date pudding showcasing Jack Daniel’s Rye.
- Subha Thapa (Frank Mac’s – NSW) is showcasing Koval Dry Gin in the Aussie Woodland Mule.
- Ari Abels (Doss House – NSW) is localising the classic with a Banana Old Fashioned featuring Westward American Single Malt.
- Aiden Rodriquez (Eau De Vie – VIC) celebrates Angel’s Envy in his Crimson Carpet creation.
- Micheal Keogh (Memphis Slim’s House of Blues – SA) celebrates the quality of Maker’s Mark with the Ginger Blues cocktail.
Head to the ‘Cheers! Spirits from the USA’ website to download your free cocktail book.