It was a devastating case of déjà vu for venues across Victoria last week when Acting Premier James Merlino announced the state was entering its fourth lockdown since March 2020, as once again a COVID-19 outbreak spiralled out of control.
He announced a seven-day circuit-breaker lockdown which began at 11:59pm last Thursday and is currently set to end at 11:59pm on Thursday 3 June. While there was speculation this could be extended, health authorities said nine new cases of coronavirus were detected today. But six positive cases had been detected after its midnight reporting period meaning there are technically only three new cases today, so there is hope the state is getting on top of this outbreak.
There are only five reasons for Victorians to leave their homes, four of which are well-known – essential shopping; approved work; exercise with a two-hour limit with one other person; and medical and caregiving reasons. A fifth reason has been added to the list – to get vaccinated.
The current outbreak is particularly worrying as it is the highly infectious B1.617.1 variant which escaped from hotel quarantine. With such a rapid increase in cases, the Victorian Government has stressed the need to move into another lockdown as quickly as possible to get on top of the outbreak.
“If we make the wrong choice now, if we wait too long, if we hesitate too much, this thing will get away from us. And lives will be at risk,” stated Acting Premier Merlino.
The lockdown once again sees venues across the state pivot to be able to stay in business and once again Bars and Clubs brings you a list of what venues are doing, so you can do you bit to support them and help ensure they are able to open again.
- Above Board – takeaway cocktails available for pick-up on Thursday and Friday.
- Arbory Afloat – has had to close but the Arbory Afloat x Four Pillars Beach House Gin still available for purchase
- Bad Frankie – gift vouchers available.
- Bar Americano – a range of bottled cocktails available nationwide
- Bar Liberty – gift vouchers available
- Beneath Driver Lane – a range of bottled cocktails available nationwide
- Black Pearl – a range of bottled cocktails and gift vouchers available nationwide
- Byrdi – a range of bottled cocktails and spirits available nationwide
- Ends and Means – canned cocktails available, merch coming soon
- Grosvenor Hotel – offering takeaway food and drinks
- Hospo Threads – sells Merch and lists venues across Australia, including plenty in Melbourne
- Hotel Brighton – open for takeaway lunch, dinner and drinks
- Mejico – meal boxes and Margaritas available with a range of delicious extras
- Mr West – the Footscray bar and bottle shop has beer, wine and cocktails available for delivery nationally.
- Old Palm Liquor – food delivery available locally, wine delivery nationwide, vouchers also available.
- Romeo Lane – packaged cocktails and gift vouchers
- Speakeasy Group – while Speakeasy has closed its venues, you can enjoy a gin and tonic at home with their Quina Fina tonic. There’s a 20 per cent discount for Bars and Clubs readers, with discount code QFGIVEME20.
- Tan Track Bar – offering coffee, cocktails and food.
- True South Black Rock – open for takeaway lunch, dinner and cocktails.
- The Deck Brighton – open for takeaway coffee, breakfast and lunch.
- The Everleigh Bottling Co – bottled cocktails, gift sets and cocktail glassware.
- The Moon – wine delivery and vouchers available.
- Sandbar Beach Cafe – open for takeaway coffee, breakfast, lunch and cocktails.
- Union Electric – coffee, beer, wine and spritz available from sister venue, Bell St Coffee and Spritz in Fitzroy
- Urban Alley Brewery – National delivery of beer, hard seltzer, merchandise and hand sanitiser. Gift vouchers are also available.
- Whisky and Alement – Drams, spirits, Boilermakers, gift packs and vouchers
We understand this is not a complete list, so if your venue is offering any kind of special packages, deliveries, take-away, virtual events that you want to share, please email: email@example.com and we’ll add you to this list.