The innovative use of colour in a range of commercial spaces, including hospitality, are celebrated in the Dulux Colour Awards, and here are this year’s most colourful drinking venues.
The finalists for this year’s Dulux Colour Awards have just been announced, including 11 bars and restaurants from across Australia.
“We were excited to see such an exciting and imaginative use of colour in this year’s entries,” says Dulux Colour and Communications Manager, Andrea Lucena-Orr. “Architects and designers have really pushed the boundaries with colour application to create inspiring, engaging – and often surprising – interior and exterior spaces.
“Across the commercial categories, deeper and darker tones are emerging, as well as simple vivid colours in reds, blues and greens. We have also seen rich, warm, earth-tones that bring an inviting feeling to public and hospitality venues.
“Retro 80’s inspired pastel shades of pinks, apricot, lemon and green, offering a touch of excitement and fun, have been injected into retail and work spaces too. I love the joyous colours that have been woven into these projects, by simply using hues that add life and a sense of delight to these settings,” says Andrea.
“Deeper tones of blue and green were popular amongst residential interiors, showcasing diverse moods in areas and differentiating functional use in a space – from deep and dark, to bright and lively – applied to cabinetry, trims and walls to create a peaceful, relaxing interior setting. Impactful tones and washed walls are also making a presence, bringing a sense of moody sophistication to interiors,” added Andrea.
The hospitality finalists from the ‘Commercial Interior – Public and Hospitality’ category are:
- Tokyo Private Dining by Ewert Leaf (VIC)
- Astor Hotel Albury by Techne Architecture + Interior Design (NSW) (pictured above)
- Rutherford’s Corner by Alter Space Interiors in collaboration with OLSK (VIC)
- Ursula’s Paddington by Brahman Perera (NSW)
- Chancery Lane by Bergman and Co. (VIC)
- Robata by Ewert Leaf (VIC)
- Auterra Wine Bar by IF Architecture (VIC)
- St. Alma Freshwater by Five Foot One Design (NSW)
- Restaurant Botanic by Williams Burton Leopardi (SA)
- Fugazzi by Studio Gram (SA)
- Di Stasio Carlton by Hassell (VIC)
See the colourful venues below: