Brooklyn Brewery has announced the top six finalists for its inaugural Bel Air ‘Party Tartly’ Cocktail Cup.
This competition has challenged bartenders to work with a less than traditional ingredient – Brooklyn Bel Air Sour ale. Competitors were tasked with creating a cocktail incorporating the sour beer and using no more than five ingredients. They then needed to promote their cocktail throughout November in venue and online, in a bid to be selected for the final.
Over the last week, a panel of judges, led by Bulletin Place and Dead Ringer owner Tim Phillips narrowed down the finalists from a group of over 60 entrants. The panel completed a blind taste testing to reach a decision on our lucky and super talented Top Six – with a Top Three from Victoria, and a Top Three from Sydney.
The Top Six are:
- Emma Cookson, Whisky & Alement – Brooklyn Beach Fizz
- Joshua Hampshire, Mesa Verde – Brooklyn Summer Fling
- Julian Alphonso, The Provincial Hotel – Brooklyn BelAirIna
- Alex Spork, Hotel Ravesis – Brooklyn Bel-Air Buckler
- Georgia Davis, Harpoon Harry – Brooklyn Bel Of The Ball
- Steve McDermott, The Duke Of Clarence – Brooklyn Bubble Top Spritz
The final takes place on Monday 9 December at the ‘Partly Tartly’ Cocktail Cup winner’s party at Slim’s Rooftop Hyde Park House, which will feature 70s inspired DJ sets, flamingos, party shirts and sweet Bel Air Creations. The party will also officially mark the launch of Bel Air Sour and crown the first ever ‘Party Tartly’ Cup Winner.
The lucky winner will receive a once-in-a-lifetime trip to New York City including flights, accommodation, a Brooklyn Brewery Tour, a Helicopter Tour of New York City, entry into the Brooklyn Bar Convent, as well as a $4000 cash prize.